Thursday, 20 May 2010

The Processor Drain Re-visited

Re-visited By Ojay & Thompski.

After a mixed evening of draining and failure Thompski twisted my arm to go and take a look at the Processor.

Turdtastic!

For a first time it's not a bad mooch, fairly long and boring I would say, but some good bits in there that are certainly worth a look (ONCE) LOL.

2 Large processors

> Various shafts

> 2 Sewers

> Interesting variations of Brickwork and Concrete

Anyway needs must so off we went, oh and I forgot the leaky CSO which adds a pleasant aroma upstream from the Outfall, not to mention being joined by the odd fanny plaster and 'out of date' turds for the first few hundred yards; lovely, at least it gave Thompski some amusement along the way.

Last time I was in here I simply couldn't be arsed to carry on upto the Infall, having turned back after the second processor. So at least tonight the plan was to do the whole lot from start to finish, which with hindsight wasn't the best of ideas as it was rather late by now.
I didn't take too many piccy's as I had already done this previously, however I did make some effort further upstream and relied on Thompski for the people shots, as I had literally lost the will to live by the end of it all.

It was past 2am by the time we reached the Infall and we voted that we GTFO and walk back to the car, as it would be quicker. As well we both CBA wadering back to the Outfall!

After some strange looks from passers by, and the odd Police patrol we finally made it back, hot, sweaty and knackered. On the way to dropping Thompski off and driving home I was stopped twice by Police, eventually hitting the sack at gone 4am!!!

Here are my final pictures of the Processor, needless to say I won't be going back in a hurry.......

Outfall


RBP


Crete


Shaft


Inspection Chamber


Upstream Processor



A worthy mooch, but no plans to go back anytime soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.