Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Arndale House/Tower, Manchester

Arndale Challenge WHUT?


Constructed between 1972 - 1975, this place has had it's fair share of attention over the years for various reasons, the 1996 IRA bomb attack, the infamous 'Arndale Challenge' and the fact it's probably Manchesters biggest eyesore

It's yellow tiles have earned it the inauspicious nickname of 'Europe's biggest public toilet'

Also it is said by some to be the low point of Manchester's architecture where utilitarian modernism had become dominant

The Arndale is one of the few buildings that dominates Manchester's skyline, I took my first ever shot of this place whilst on the roof of the Premier Inn last year (Goodtimes)


I have tried to crack this place for a long time now, I don't even believe anyone else has made it up to the roof, although I know of a couple of n00bs that have failed... s'all in the planning ;)

Despite months of planning my recent injury put plans on hold but I was still determined to get up there

Security is real tight here, the sun wasn't shining, so not wanting to be spotted I only grabbed a few pics before heading out







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.