Ojay, MJS, Addders...
I first set foot in the Westie in 2012 on a whistle stop drain tour of London with MJS.
The above pic was captured by the massive bulb as I shone the search blaster for the last time, it was a funny night.
The plan was to walk upstream, however the flow wasn't ideal so I didn't go too far, instead we headed down to the 'Egg' on that particular evening.
After seeing that junction I naturally wanted to explore more of the system, but other things always seemed to get in the way.
It wasn't until 2014 I really started to put some effort in having already completed the other 2 of the big 3 'Lost Rivers'.
I set out with Adders to see what all the fuss was about..
The Ranelagh itself is quite a busy system, and a quick look at the main drainage map confirms just that.
Incorporating the Ranelagh Sewer and Ranelagh Storm Relief, I'll attempt to cover both of them separately.
We headed upstream in the Ranelagh as far as Kilburn.
The main drainage map shows two branches here heading towards the original source of the River Westbourne.
To read the rest of it >>CLICK HERE<<
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.