Having been here a few times now, more recently with TheVicar I decided it was a good opportunity to stop being lazy and finally check out the 3rd, much newer overflow.
We know there are 2 trunk sewers that flow through here, but was there a 3rd?
After roping down the overflow from the mid level inspection chamber as in the BELOW PICTURE the mystery was finally solved..
Down we go
(pict0r by TheVicar)
The only way safely down was rope access, which led into a 4ft RCP around 100 yards it curved left and terminated into a medium sized screening chamber.
The noise was immense, as I soon discovered why when I climbed up onto the gantry which gave way to a 6ft RCP outfall into a 4m trunk.
As I suspected, there are only 2 sewers here.
This screening chamber has been added in the last couple of years to filter out the solids.
It's slightly up-stream of the high level sewer in the pic below (I had previously roped down further downstream through the rungless/ladderless manhole).
Massive shouts to TheVicar, nothing short of boring to most people I know, but I just had to satisfy my curiosity!
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.