Thursday, 8 December 2011

U.M.I.S.T North Campus Tunnels/Buildings

Ojay/Bigjobs/Rookinella/Havoc/Happyshopper...


First things first massive shouts to Bigjobs & Millhouse on this one

Myself and Leaf1471 were the first to do this place a few months back and simply didn't bother to poke around, instead settling for the rooftop of the Maths Tower before bailing.

I must be getting lazy, either that or I didn't think that this 1960's brutalist concrete jungle had anything more to offer!!

How wrong I was, and furthermore massive repect to the lads for putting the effort in on this one

Once again Manchester delivers the goods..


Looking back I have had the best 5 days of my life for some time, we have virtually rinsed the City night after night whilst helping curate exhibitionZ during the daytime as well as dipping in and out of work.

Cue Bigjobs who was up for some japery, so we headed back to U.M.I.S.T for another poke about.

The campus/buildings are all inter-connected by various service tunnels/ring mains, making navigating the site even more of an adventure than simply wandering through corridors.

We spent probably more time than required in here as we had 2 close shaves in seperate buildings, before legging it back to the safety of the tunnels.

It's hardly surprising really as there are a quite a few cameras here and there which require a leisurely stroll on by to get to the good bits.

We managed to cover the Maths & Social Science Building & Rooftop (Again), Pariser, Barnes Wallis (partial), Faraday, Moffat, Morton Laboratories and a good chunk of the U.M.I.S.T North Campus Tunnels.

Cat and mouse ensued as firstly we were nearly busted in the Morton Labs, we promptly legged it back into the tunnels and Jobs locked the doors.

Later on we attempted access to Barnes Wallis via the 'Club Underground' nightclub.

As I was snapping away we heard footsteps and a door bang so we once again legged it like fuck, this time heading to the rooftop of Maths and sat it out for about an hour before mooching about again.

Seems that everytime there has been activity in this bit, needless to say stay clear!

A proper funny night with some real comedy moments.

INCLUDING near third degree burns, cuts & grazes, nipples up arses, keystone cop like chases & Banana Wars in the lecture theatre.

Apologies for the pic heavy shit, all handheld with the ISO ramped up, (apart from people shots).

No time for dicking about with tripods in here!

Props to everyone involved past & present :)

Pariser Building, Teaching Laboratories & Workshops















Moffat Building & Morton Labs
(It was in here we was very nearly busted, and had to run like fuck)








Havoc


Barnes Wallis Building

As we headed out of the service tunnels, we made our way up through 'Club Underground'.

No sooner were we snapping away we heard a door bang and footsteps coming towards us, time to GTFO.


Tunnels, we used to navigate around this clusterfuck of a campus they call U.M.I.S.T





Maths & Social Science Building








Faraday, last but not least
(Was a bit Derp in here tbh)





ENDS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.