Saturday, 17 April 2010

Castle Mill, Oldham

Visited by Ojay.


Didn't realise this place was do-able. I used to live not far from this place and had totally escaped my attention, until I saw a recent thread on 28DL.

After an aborted visit with Hidden Shadow last week I was going to take a look at this yesterday, however I had other plans so decided to get up early and take a look.

Last occupied by Pre-Retail Services this little mill is just outside the centre of Oldham, and I suppose almost on my doorstep.

Getting in was a bit of an obstacle course but easy enough all the same. I was really surprised that the local pikeys haven't had more away as it was in relatively good nick compared to other mills in the area.

Anyway time was on my hands for a change so decided to have a proper mooch, I was all over the place in no particular order, so probably start from the top down, here goes....

Pon yer Rooftops







Stairs from the rooftop


Top floor


These stairs take you down to the 3rd floor,


As well as the main stairwell



3rd floor


This chute was between the 3rd and 2nd floor


One of the many lifts


2nd floor


Here I also came across this hoisting gear


And some lovely switches


And these old scales


Fire safety, keeping the workers Safe!



Rejects corner


Labels


Hangers, there were boxes of these things everywhere


More stairs leading down to the first floor


1st floor



Shop floor heating, LOL


Staff toilets, HAHA


Staff refreshments


Offices situated on the first floor



A couple of safes were found opened, sadly nothing left behind




A Letter


There was also a kitchen for the staff


Some clothing


And also situated in the office area the fire alarm panel


Ground floor


There were a number of interesting features here, including loading bay


And the old boiler room


Boiler




And lastly the stairwell leading upto the ground floor from reception

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.