After visiting Foxdenton Drain last week and getting as far as the output from the treatment works, curiosity got the better of me, so I decided to go and take a closer look.
Visiting these places is always tricky, especially here with the 24 hour CCTV and security (A bit on top you could say)
Once inside I decided to have a mooch about as you do. Half of the shit farm is unused at the minute, with a newer much bigger section in the middle, this is where the final effluent could be found before being dumped into the drain below I was stood in the week before.
Older shit tanks
I also managed to locate the overflow section with the giant steps and sump which I had climbed into from the drain below. I even found manhole access into here as well from above
Here is the section that handles the final output before entering into the drain below
This construction houses a number of large tanks and pipework that stores and processes the final 'treated' effluent after spending time in the shit spinners
I had to climb up onto the smaller roof below to get onto the stairwell
Here you can see the final stages of effluent storage
Once ready the final treatment is piped into this massive backwash tank opposite, which is Hooj and looked rather deep!
Here were the controls, I was very tempted to make some fine adjustments (Only kidding)...
Once ready the final treatment from the works is pumped from the backwash tank by this giant pumping station
before it's final journey through here to the drain below
Although it was difficult to capture and was also wary of the camera pointing right at me, I took a quick shot of the turd stream before it disappeared into the drain below
Here it is entering the drain below, at exactly the same point I was stood at the week before
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.